Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 10: Theme Songs

I love theme songs. I have lists and lists of songs I like to listen to during my many mood swings. (happy, sad, bored, hyped, mad)


Happy- Typically a happy mood means a mixture of music. Beatles, Paramore, Carrie Underwood, and most any country music, and lastly Scissor Sisters. Don't Feel Like Dancing will get me happy any day of the week.

Sad- Is it bad that I have more "sad" mood songs than happy? Mazy Star, Brandy Carlisle, some of Ryan Adams softer stuff, Bethany Joy Galeotti (no making fun... I am an official OTH fan through and through. Haley James Scott- sing your heart out!), Fiona Apple (wow, stereotyping myself!)

Bored- With boredom typically comes into ipod shuffle on my "Meg's Fav" list. That would include A Fine Frenzy, Feist, Jason Mraz, John Legend, Kings of Leon, and a little Michael Jackson action.

Hyped- This means "what gets you working out". So mostly hip hop, dance, electronica music. But there are a few all time favorites that make the cut: Ozzy (yes, Mr. Osbourne and I have a working out relationship), Another Brick in the Wall (Korn edition), Kat Deluna, Fall Out Boy, Black Eye Peas, Benny Benassi, Rogue Traders, and Rihanna. Love them all... and use them on a regular basis. :)
Mad- this is by far, my favorite play list... ha! #1 on the list Tool. Oh I was sadly converted to this group years ago and to this group I stay faithful.

Mad- Typically if I am mad I go with my "sad" music or I turn to Tool. I was a Tool convert many years ago and it still proves to be music I enjoy!

Can we say I am all over the spectrum here? Happy Wednesday people. Half way through the week.

2 comments:

  1. My life is divided into playlists. I start a new one every season so I have 4 per year. I can go back and listen to old playlists and know exactly when time in my life it's from. The winter ones definitely have sadder songs and the summer has more happy and upbeat. I love that there is music for every mood I have.

    ReplyDelete