Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 4, 2011

Place(s)...

I love to travel. Most of my traveling has been in the US but still... it's something I could do full time if the funds allowed it.

One of my most FAVORITE trips was with a group of friends to Guatemala and Belize. It was absolutely amazing. We didn't stay in fancy places or travel the typical touristy fashion. We stayed in hostels, grass huts, and cheap hotels. It was a trip that I will never forget!


Tikal- We went to the city of Tikal and did an early hike (4am!) to watch the sunrise on the temple pyramids. It was amazing. As the sun was coming up we started hearing these dinosaur-type roars coming from the rain forest. They were Howler monkeys. Their roar was crazy loud. This is the view on top of one temple, watching the sunrise, and seeing the other temples peak through the tree line.


This was actually our last stop. We stayed in Antigua for our last two days. We decided to take a long, wet hike up to an active volcano. Luckily, they don't have the same restrictions as the US. We were able to get as close as we could stand to the lava. I still remember my legs BURNING as I was trying to take this picture! ahhh- so fun.

Belize!! The city of Belize is actually a very gross and unfriendly place. Everyone warned me about how dangerous Guatemala city was... uh, ya right. That place was like Disneyland compared to how creepy and uncomfortable we all were in Belize. So needless to say, we decided not to stay in the actual city but took an hour water taxi out to Cay Caulker island. SO WORTH IT. I would go back in a heart beat.
White sand beaches, small island, snorkeling, beach stands of grilled sea food and fresh squeezed juices... oh to be back.
This picture is taken right outside our hotel door. Two seconds on the beach.


This trip will forever be one of the best times of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment