Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

This body isn't mine

Anyone watch Bones? There is an episode where it's eight weeks after she had her baby and she has this conversation with Booth about feeling like her body isn't "hers".




I am 10 weeks post baby and I feel her pain. I feel gross. I feel huge. I am fat. It's a hard feeling to have. I look at pictures of these mom's who seem to bounce back to their cute little self in no time and I wonder "um, where did I go wrong?!" I exercised throughout my pregnancy (until week 32- exercise restriction, but still!!!!) and even started lightly exercising a week or so afterwards. Still, I feel like this body will never go back to where it was.

I can't wait for exercising to become fun again. Where I really enjoy going running. Right now, I hate it all.

I love my little boy but man, I think the weeks after having a baby are more exhausting and emotionally draining than all 9 months + a delivery.


2 comments:

  1. You are not alone. I'm tired of looking at pictures of myself and hating it. Once upon a time, I used to be so photogenic, and I didn't mind even bad pictures of me! NOT anymore. I'm determined to lose it this time around. Good luck. (some people will say those who bounce back have good genes, make of that what you will)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I feel you all the way. I swear the first like month and a half after Alten was born my emotions were carazay. Really didn't feel like myself. I had a hard time. Luckily, time has helped and I feel lots better. As far as your body not being yours, I am still wearing my maternity pants...haha...you are looking great from what I see on that facebook!

    ReplyDelete