Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mr. Lincoln John Powell

The past few months have been a little crazy so my blog has suffered from a lack of updates. So I figured I would give a thorough updated now as I am procrastinating at work and wanting to do nothing more than play with my boy.

Lincoln was born on March 5, 2012 at 3:44pm. He was 7 pounds 14 ounces and 19 inches long.

The delivery was not exactly as  I had planned or wanted it to go- but after 18 hours of labor, I pushed 5 times and the little guy was here and he is so darn cute (or at least we think so)!!

Here are some quick updates of Mr. Linc at one month:
  • Starting to smile but mostly stares at you. Very curious as to what is going on around him.
  • Pretty good sleeper. Starting to sleep 4-6 hour stretches at night and takes nice long naps during the day.
  • Hates nursing. Would rather starve than nurse (which makes me sad). He went almost two days without eating at the hospital because he wouldn't nurse and wouldn't take a bottle. He is getting better but I mostly pump and feed him a bottle. I am not interested in battling him each feeding... just not "Mom Enough" (Times Magazine, anyone??)
  • Growing and grown... at one month he weighed 9 pounds 5 ounces and 20 inches!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment