Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 1: Fifteen Things About Me!

So 15 things about me...

1. I graduated from the University of Las Vegas, Nevada with a Bachelors in Psychology and a minor in Human Services Counseling and Counseling Education (mouthful... pretty much I learned all about dealing with people's problems and without being certified to actually do it.)
2. I love group fitness classes. I got really into group fitness classes at the gym I went to my first year of college. After a while, I got certified to teach. I taught for almost 4 year before I moved to Tucson. After a year off, I am back to teaching and LOVE it. If I could make a living doing it full time (and have the stamina to do it full time) I would. I brings out a different personality in me than I usually am.
3. I am a pianist... at heart. I took piano lessons when I was from 8 - 12 years old. I stopped taking lessons and practicing. Now that I am older, I wish I had stuck with it. My parents gave me their piano when I got married and I am determined to go back to taking lessons (when we can afford it).
4. I am the youngest of 5 siblings. I have two brothers and two sisters. We all span the age range from 42(Oldest sister Bekki) - 25 (me). We are spread out across the country but am happy to have my oldest sister Bekki live less than an two hours away!
5. Book Nerd! I read. I read. I read. I read when I know I should be doing other things... I love reading.
6. I am a sun goddess. I live for summers where I can lay out of spend some time outside to get a killer tan. Now that I work full-time, those long summer days are spent a little differently. However, since we live in Tucson, AZ, I was able to spend a wonderful January afternoon laying out this past weekend. Wonderful!
7. I have favorites amongst my nieces and nephews. Rude, I know. I love them all (and I really LOVE them) but there are a few that I have a special place in my heart for.
8. I am a Mess. I hate cleaning. I wish I were better at it. Maybe if I had more time in my day... I hope to kick this poor habit... eventually.
9. I love SciFi. I am a science fiction nerd... both in movie and in book. My husband teases me about it, but it is one of my favorite genre's.
10. I love Mexican food and Italian food. I would have a difficult time choosing between the two if given the choice. I could eat both all day every day!
11. I want to do good. I always wanted to work in the health profession because I wanted to "do good" with my life. Although my career path changed, I still find myself wanted to be involved with the helping profession. To help students, adults, kids, etc. I just want to do good!
12. I wish I were an actor/singer/dancer. I am so envious of people who have those talents. I don't and wish I did. Especially singing and dancing. I can watch people dance (lyrical/ballet) and it will make me cry. I find it completely inspirational.
13. Speaking of crying... I do it a lot. If I get mad- I cry. If I get happy- I cry. If I get sad- I cry.
14. I traveled (more like backpacked) to Guatemala and Belize when I was 21. I would love to do a trip like that again. It made me appreciate all that I have.
15. Sam. I have this boy in my life named Sam. I met him when he was only a year old and became his nanny. He was my best buddy until I got married and moved away. The things I learned from taking care of him (and his crazy sister Maddie and monster of a little brother, Max) will be part of me when I become a mom. I loved those kids with all my heart and Sam was really special to me. We had a little bond. I was his friend and he was mine. He and his family are a major part of who I am.

3 comments:

  1. Great things that I didn't know about you! I, too, am a big crier, for everything and I'm a sun goddess too, although I live in the totally wrong place for that now. Enjoy some rays for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good, fun idea!

    I loved the one about Sam. It was so sweet. He really is a special boy. You need to come visit him. He's so big and old and I'm sure he misses you! :)

    ReplyDelete