Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happy 4 months

I can't believe my little linc is 4 months old. He is such a peach and I love love love him to pieces. Some of the fun things he is currently doing:
  • Talking. Like crazy!! He will even wake up in the morning and just chat with himself for a while. Sometimes he falls back asleep and sometimes he makes sure to get loud enough for someone to come in and get him. And when you do, he greets you with the biggest smile and starts kicking around like you are the best thing since sliced bread.
  • Rolls over! He started rolling over almost a month ago (3 months) and now is a common occurance. He is getting really close to rolling from him back to his tummy. Right now he just gets stuck on his side and flips back over.
  • Laughs. He smiles and coo's all the time, but if you are special (which mommy usually is, right?) he will let out the sweetest little belly laugh. It is my favorite!
  • Hates eating. Seriously, hates it. Couldn't nurse... even with help of multiple lactation consultants. At first he was better with a bottle, so I pumped for 4 months and gave it to him that way. Lately he is starting to hate his bottle. Regardless of the formula, breast milk, bottle type, etc. It's getting super frustrating. I am ready to start introducing cereal cause the sooner he is done with the bottle, the happier I will be. Even if I have baby food in my hair!
  • Sleeps like a champ! He was taking three long naps during the day and sleeping from 7:30pm until I woke him at 5:30 (when I get up for work). But now, he moved to 2 decent naps and a short cat nap in the evening and goes to bed around 7:30 and sleeps until 7:00, 7:30, or sometimes later. Love it!
  • Loves swimming. I take him swimming at my In-Law's house and he loves the water. I put him under for the first time last weekend and it shocked him a bit but he didn't cry! I hope he loves the water as much as his mom!
  • Perfectly content to entertain himself. He can sit in his little bouncer seat or on his floor mat and just laugh and talk to himself. He is perfectly happy!
I can't believe how fast he is growing. I wish I could go back to myself in the first two months with him and just tell myself to stop stressing out and enjoy the time cause it's going by way too fast. I hope I don't have such a hard time with future (far. far. far. into the future) babies. I really struggled with lincoln in the beginning and it makes me sad that I was so focused on weight, nursing, schedules, etc., that I didn't really appreciate the time off I had with him. Good lesson to learn for the future!




1 comment:

  1. He is getting so big SO fast!! I need to see him again. He's such a little love. Good tip about appreciating the time with him...I'll have to be sure to try and do that! :) Happy 4 Months Linc!!

    ReplyDelete