Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 16, 2011

Holiday Inn

I am in Yuma, Arizona for the night. Here for work... nothing exciting.
Since I am sitting in my hotel room solo (don't get dogs when you are first married. That way you can take trips and be more spontaneous without needing to figure out kennel arrangements) and started reading some of my favorite blogs. One of which is the Nie Nie Dialogs by Stephanie Nelson. Seriously, this gal inspires me to want to be a better member of my faith (which is LDS by the way... just in case you don't know me!) and better wife (c'mon married ladies- is she not just the sweetest thing to her mister. I mean seriously. You know they L.O.V.E each other.
Anyways, she always has these posts that ask what you are thinking about... so that's what this post will be about. Cause really, I have a lot of things to think about while I am sitting here. In Yuma. Solo.

Thinking:
1. I have some seriously amazing friends. Two of which I wish I could see (Brittany/Rebecca) and one that I see cause she is amazing and lets me stay with her when I am in Phoenix for work (Candice- you rock!)
2. I want people to stop saying insensitive things. I know they don't mean to (at least I hope not) but seriously, I wish people would stop and think for two seconds.
3. Water for Elephants was really good. Rob Patterson might have finally learned how to act. I actually saw a couple facial expressions in this movie.
4. I want my nieces, (future) daughters and every other young girl in the world to know that they don't need to dress older than they are. Wear more makeup than they should. And most definitely don't need to be given botox cause "they think they have wrinkles". Bah! Why do we make our girls grow up so soon? Hey parents- its OK to tell your kids "No, you are too young". or "hell, no. You are not participating in, wearing, acting like, saying, dressing like, etc." I plan to tell my kids all those things.
5. The info-mercial for "Insanity" give me a workout just watching it. I seriously sat here for 30 minutes watching it and thinking "um, no. Thats ok". haha. Lazy butt.

K- Its after 9 and I want should go to bed. :)

Nighty-night.

1 comment:

  1. YES to the insensitive things. People don't think. I hate for people to walk on eggshells around me, but just do it and don't tell me you're doing it. :) I NEED to see water for elephants. I'm sure I can finally talk Bubs into it when its in the dollar theater.

    ReplyDelete