Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you

There is a picture on our wall that i look at everynight. I think about the words that are on the bottom and contemplate what they mean to me and my life at that moment. Those words are such a comfort to see each night and morning...

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you" ~John 14:27

Last night, I thought about those words again. I sat there looking at the picture and realized I am at peace knowing that the things that are sometimes difficult to swallow somehow work themselves out. Even when I am frustrated and at my witts end, when I stop and let go of those frustrations I realize how peaceful I really am. I know I am doing the right things. I am not perfect (by a long shot), but I am trying my hardest and the Lord knows it.

I am grateful for those small moments of comfort. I started thinking about that classic poem that I never really gave much thought to until now...
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,

“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”


Life can sometimes be hard... everyone experiences those trials that make you wonder why. But I know that the Lord is always with us. He always knows our sufferings and he will make those burdens light. He will give us peace. I am so thankful for that knowledge.

3 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how happy I am that you posted this...I really needed to read it. Thank you Megs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're doing ok. I love you!!! This post was beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see you Megs! Great blog post! I love love love that story!

    ReplyDelete