Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Things to consider

Rude things to say to someone when you find out they are pregnant:

"Really? Is this suppose to be a good thing?"

"I was wondering why you were looking so round in your belly. I was thinking you were eating a lot of cookies."

"Oh. My. Gosh. Your pregnant!! I kept looking at you {while teaching cycling} and kept thinking for someone who works out, you are sure letting yourself go."

"Do you think your having twins?? Cause you are bigger than you should be for your first."

Check it people!! I have gained 4.3 pounds and I am 14 weeks. I still run. I still lift. I still cycle.
so.... WHATEVER is all I have to say.

Nice things to say:

"Congratulations!!"

"I am so excited for you {two}.

"You look great!"

If you can't say any of those three things when someone tells you they are having a baby, don't say anything at all. Lie if you must. Be nice.

She may be feeling a little self-conscious. Sick. TIRED. Bloated {painfully!!!!}.

On a happier note:
Um I ran three miles yesterday. It was slow. And I didn't use any incline. But I ran!! Bisbee 1000, HERE. I {.5}. COME!!!

The end.

5 comments:

  1. My favorite was "On purpose??" I was working around a bunch of teenagers and every pregnancy to them was a mistake, couldn't understand that my pregnancy was planned! Lol! Some people just say all the wrong things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I can't believe some of that. But then I was enjoyably surprised of all the positive comments I got with Reid's pregnancy and all the rude comments I got with Weston's pregnancy... a lot of "oh yeah, this IS your 2nd pregnancy" Oh well.. people are dumb, I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Meghan, I'm so sorry. I wish I could tell you that it gets better as the pregnancy goes on, but it doesn't. I didn't leave my house the last week of pregnancy cause I was so sick of all the comments. "You look miserable", "Wow, you're huge!" I don't know why people feel like they don't need a filter when talking to a pregnant woman. If anything, that's when people need to watch what they say the most. We tend to get irritable. Congratulations Meghan!!!!! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, yes I've been there too. I got a lot of "twins are great" and a couple triplet comments. Don't worry, you're a hot mommy :)

    ReplyDelete